I backpacked through South East Asia for two months, but intend to re-visit for many more trips, as I absolutely fell in love. There is so much to do, to try and to see across the region and I have been adding so many things to my bucket list during my trip!
Read my full Bucket List – here!
Here is a list of 25 ideas to add to your Bucket List for South East Asia, and some of the best things I’ve ever done…
1. Visit the Elephant Sanctuary, Chiang Mai, Thailand
2. Crawl through the Cu Chi War Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3. See rice padi fields, Hoi An, Vietnam
4. Have a Singapore Sling cocktail at The Raffles Hotel, Singapore
5. Watch the sunset at Kuta beach, Bali, Indonesia
6. Take a journey on a sleeper bus or train!
7. See a Muay Thai fight, anywhere in Thailand!
8. Go to the top of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore
9. Drink a beer on the Khao San Road, Bangkok, Thailand
10. Visit the Uluwatu Temple, Bali, Indonesia
11. Try egg coffee in Hanoi, Vietnam
12. Climb the 300+ steps to the Wat Doi Suthep Temple, Chiang Mai, Thailand
13. Eat street food in Chinatown Street Food Market, Singapore. Try Curry Chicken, Char Kway Teow, Fish Head Curry and Laksa!
14. Spend the day on Rayleigh Beach, Krabi, Thailand
15. Have cocktails overlooking the ocean at Potato Head Beach Club, Seminyak, Bali
16. Sail around HaLong Bay with beer and good company, Vietnam
17. Take a cooking class and learn to cook authentic Thai food!
18. See the monkeys in Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali
19. Try the Green Tea Kit Kat!
20. Visit the White Temple, Chiang Rai, Thailand
21. Take a walking tour of Vietnam’s capital, Hanoi
22. Climb Mount Batur, Bali, Indonesia
23. See the city from a rooftop bar, Singapore
24. Have spicy Thai Red Curry and Vietnamese Spring Rolls!
25. Shop at the night markets and bike through the hills of Pai, Thailand
Still on my South East Asia Bucket List:
- – Try the Durian ‘vomit fruit’
- – Watch a sunrise at Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- – Party at the Full Moon Party, Koh Phangan
- – Island hop through the Philippines
- – Visit the War Museum, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- – Explore Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia
- – Have a city break in Hong Kong
- – Sail on a long boat in Laos
- – Visit the Killing Fields and pay respects, Cambodia
- – Hop between Koh Phi Phi, Koh Tao and Koh Lanta, Southern Thailand
Plus many more.. It’s a beautiful part of the world, that I hopefully will be re-visiting very soon!
Anything to add? I’d love to know! 🙂
I am currently exploring and subsequently falling in love with Sydney, Australia, but working hard to get my Singapore blog posts up, as I can’t wait to share them!
Thank you for reading!
Charlotte J. X